According to Buffer, there are seven key factors that will affect your account and content within the algorithm:
- Engagement: How popular the post is
- Relevancy: The genres of content you are interested in and have interacted with
- Relationships: The accounts you regularly interact with
- Timeliness: How recent the posts are
- Profile Searches: The accounts you check out often
- Direct Shares: Whose poss you are sharing
- Time Spent: The duration spent viewing a post
According to Womeneur.com, here are a few tips to navigate your way on Instagram:
- Change your hashtags regularly – if it has been over three weeks, change them!
- Be careful not to like, comment, or follow/unfollow too quickly. Instagram will think you’re a robot.
- Don’t join comment pods or ‘engagements groups’ hosted within Instagram DM’s.
- Don’t over-post (3+ daily) or under-post (less than 2 posts a week).
We hope these tips are helpful. Happy IGing!!!